Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pound Said; I Said

Pound said:

ALBA

As cool as the pale wet leaves
of lily-of-the-valley
She lay beside me in the dawn.


I said:

MIG ÄLSKLING

Even without
money, I will always be
a wealthy man. My fortune:
all the memories
a lifetime can hold.
In the phosphorous moonlight,
Artemis supplants Selene
radiating the nights of Aquarius -
and the sea
washes to my shoreline
the most precious sea shells:
my unsurpassable fortune
will always be knowing you.


Pound said:

ALBA

from "Langue d'Oc"

When the nightengale to his mate
Sings day-long and night late
My love and I keep state
In bower,
In flower,
'Till the watchman on the tower
Cry:
"Up! Thou rascal, Rise,
I see the white
Light
And the night
Flies."


I said:

MIG ÄLSKLING

When the wild spirit of Pan
Plays his pipes in sacred élan,
My heart whispers beyond land's span-
A silent melody,
Of epic rhapsody,
In impassioned psalmody,
Wailing.
"Wild blood coursing
Through my heart
Impart!
Beyond all art
Delight!"

No comments: